Friday, December 13, 2013

Headed Back to Mexico January 2014

Friends and Family,
 
As you all know, I really enjoy construction and working with tools, but don’t get many opportunities to use my gifts to help others. Because of drug cartel violence I haven’t been able to take teenagers to Mexico for several years, so this January I’m joining a group of men doing construction projects and other service in Mexico. I’ll be traveling and working January 22 – January 29, 2013 (week 2). This note is your invitation to learn more about what I’m doing as I prepare and take the trip.

Since I’m new to the organization, I’m not expecting to be in a leadership role, which is somewhat of a relief to me, so I’ll just be doing whatever is asked of me. I will be joining my Mexico colleague Doug Husen to work with Power Ministry (www.powerministry.org) , who works out of San Antonio to do construction projects, visit orphanages, and do other service in Del Rio, Acuna and Reynosa Mexico. I’m excited to be building and serving, but am once again a little nervous about being in another country and culture, as well as physically keeping up with the younger guys. I don’t speak Spanish, but hope to learn a few more recognizable words and phrases before I leave.

We will be building simple houses, doing additions to existing orphanage, school, and church buildings. Unlike my previous trips, where we were camping in Mexico, we will be returning across the border each evening and sleeping in the US. A full list of our projects and itinerary is available on http://www.powerministry.org/week-2-daily-plan-projects.

I am in deep need of prayer support as I prepare for and participate in this short term mission.  Please let me know if you can commit to praying for me and the other participants before the trip, and praying DAILY while we are working and interacting with people in Mexico.  Even if you can’t commit to praying for us, but just want to know how preparation and the trip itself goes, drop me a note to be on my email distribution list, or follow me on my blog at RickInMexico2014.blogspot.com. . When I hear back from you, I’ll put you on my prayer partner list, and update you with details on the trip, along with specific prayer requests for your prayer time.

Thanks in advance for your prayers,

Rick Kraemer

Financial Support information:

            I’ve fully funded the trip this year with earnings from my electrical side business, so I won’t need to raise funds this year. These fees only cover the cost of my travel, with Power raising funds separately for building materials. If you’d like, you can make donations for building materials directly to Power using the information on their web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment